News & Updates
Practice closure dates for essential staff training
Please see below the practice closure dates for 2023/24
|Thursday 20th April||Thursday 12th October|
|Thursday 11th May||Thursday 9th November|
|Thursday 8th June||Thursday 11th January 2024|
|Thursday 13th July||Thursday 8th February 2024|
|Thursday 14th September||Thursday 14th March 2024|
On these dates the Practice will close at 12.30pm and re-open at 8am the following morning for Kegworth patients and 8.30am for Gotham patients.
If you require urgent medical care during this time, please call 111.
If you require emergency medical care during this time, please call 999.
Gotham Dispensary Opening Times
The Gotham Dispensary which is currently located at the Kegworth site is open during the following times:
Monday 8:30am - 1:00pm and 3:30pm - 6:00pm
Tuesday 8:30am - 1:00pm and 3:30pm - 6:00pm
Wednesday 8:30am - 1:00pm and 3:30pm - 6:30pm
Thursday 8:30am - 1:00pm
Friday 8:30am - 1:00pm and 3:30pm - 6:00pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday and Bank Holidays
7 ways you can help the NHS:
- Only call 999 or attend A&E departments for serious accidents and for genuine emergencies.
- If you are unsure where you should go, NHS 111 can help – search online for “NHS 111” or dial 111 from any phone. This will make sure you are seen in the right place and by the right person.
- Consider using Urgent Treatment Centres. They can treat injuries including sprains, strains, suspected fractures, bites, cuts, scalds, and other non-life-threatening conditions. Waiting times are usually much shorter than A&E. We have UTCs at:
- Nottingham – The NHS Urgent Care Centre (next to the BBC building) is open every day from 7am-7pm. You don’t need an appointment to attend. Seaton House, London Road, Nottingham, NG2 4LA Tel: 0115 883 8500
- Newark – Newark Hospital is open 9am-10pm (last patient admitted at 9.30pm). It can be found on Boundary Road, NG24 4DE
- Ilkeston Community Hospital – is open 8am – 8pm. It can be found on Heanor Road , Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 8LN. You can book into this service via 111. For other non-urgent cases, when you need medical advice and it’s not an emergency, please speak to your GP practice or a pharmacist.
- Use the NHS App for access to a wide range of services and information, such as accessing medical records, booking and managing appointments, reviewing medication and ordering prescriptions as well as checking symptoms.
- Flu and Covid-19 are currently circulating in the community, so stay at home if you have symptom and get your jabs if you are eligible. More details about how to get your flu and Covid-19 jab can be found here – Flu vaccine – NHS (www.nhs.uk) and here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/how-to-get-a-coronavirus-vaccine/
- Members of the public can also help ease pressures by using their local pharmacy. Pharmacies can help with allergies, constipation, headaches, earaches and many other ailments.
- Anyone who is in mental health distress should call the Mental Health Crisis Line: 0808 196 3779 – the helpline is open 24 hours a day.
Online Services Update
We have introduced an online consultation tool called accuRx Patient Triage.
This is accredited by NHS Digital and integrated with the NHS app and into our clinical systems.
We are currently using it for administrative requests only.
It is hoped that this alternative communication channel will facilitate reduce phone call wait times and provide an alternative user-friendly means of contacting us routinely.
This service is not being used for urgent or medical queries. For these, please contact the surgery directly as before via phone.
To use it, please click on the homepage banner.
We hope you find it a useful additional resource.
Lets live well in Rushcliffe
As part of a scheme aiming to improve the health of local residents by encouraging and promoting self-care support, thoughout 2022/23, each month the Rushcliffe Primary Care Network will look to highlight a specific health related area through a range of targeted interventions which can be found on the calender here.
Are you a parent or carer of a child with additional needs? Do you want a space for them to be themselves, safely and freely? With the help and support provided by The Blossom Tree in Keyworth and the Rushcliffe Social Prescribing team! Click here for more information.