Record Sharing OUT
This controls whether your full GP electronic patient record can be shared with other NHS Care Services where you are treated. This allows other NHS providers such as secondary care providers, emergency care providers and community care providers with relevant medical information to assist them in providing your care.
Summary Care Record
Orchard Surgery shares part of your medical records (current medication & allergies) in an emergency, when you're on holiday, when the surgery is closed, at out-patient clinics or when you visit a pharmacy.
We can add additional information to your Summary Care Record (SCR) from your medical notes, including:
1) Health problems (eg. Diabetes/Dementia/Stroke etc.)
2) Carer Details
3) Treatment Preferences
4) Communication needs (interpreter/hearing difficulties etc)
What does it mean if you DO NOT have an SCR?
1) NHS staff caring for you may not be aware of your current medications and allergies, in order to treat you safely in an emergency.
2) Your records will stay as they are with information shared by letter, email or phone.
3) If you have any questions or if you want to discuss then please contact the surgery.
Having read this information, please choose ONE of the options below.